bkg

1.27.2008

ATTACK OF THE CARBOHYDRATES!!!!

OK- so I have to admit that I am a bit dissapointed in my faithful readers. If you have read the blog from the Houston trip last week, not one of you even stopped to question WHY I might even be bringing croutons back with me from Texas, and hence causing my slight delay getting through security. I mean, I don't think they are popular imported items, nor do they usually make good souvenirs from a state.. but yes, I did bring back two bags of croutons with me. And then it makes me wonder what y'all think of me, and if that is 'normal' for me... hmmm...
But before you start reaching for the phone to dial the number of the nearest clinic to have me checked out... listen to my story.
CROUTONS

I think most people would say there are croutons, and then there are really good croutons. Some are really good, others just serve the purpose of adding a little crunch to the salad and a hint of garlic. But while Tom was on loan to us in Indiana, he introduced us to REALLY GOOD CROUTONS! They were from Texas and we didn't have them in the stores up here. His mom would even send some back with him. And they were delicious!!! So last spring when I went to visit Tom in Houston, I made him take me to the mecca where I could purchase some of my own. And it made me so happy. And they were delicious. But then, a few months ago, I ran out. :-( It was tragic. I saw that our local grocery stores had finally started to carry that brand, but they didn't have the same flavors I came to enjoy. So I searched and searched, trying other brands, different flavors, but nothing could compare... this is an actual picture of the selection of croutons I had in my cabinets until last weekend... so I was so happy to finally return to Texas and be able to bring a kick back to my salads! (it makes the lettuce happy too.. I'm sure of it! ) So here they are... I'd get stopped going through security for them anytime!!! They are just that good.....so without further adieu..I present, Fresh Gourmet Butter and Garlic...



but not to be out done by croutons....
PRETTY SURE SIGN YOU'RE HAVING A BAD DAY...

yes, that's my car and yes that's 8 cups of cooked rice. That's all I'm saying about that....












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am actually quite familiar with Tom Anderson's cruton snobbery...so I was unsurprised by the fact that you smuggled some back in. :)

Unknown said...

Dang rice cooker! I should have gotten one with a stronger lid!