bkg

3.31.2008

Happy 100th!

No, that's not how old I'll be on my birthday this week. Congratulate me- this is my 100th blog posting for Mindy's Miscellany! Woo hoo!

Enough of that though...

If you're just here to see more pics from the trip- here's the link to part 2.

But, if you're here for more serious information- let me talk about my favorite subject- airport detaining.

So last week when heading out to New Hampshire, my flight left from Concourse D of the Indy Airport. The best way to describe Concourse D would be to equate it to the red-headed step-child of the airport. It's where you go when they don't have anywhere else for you to go. Kind of an overflow area... And apparently the hub of gates for US Airways coming out of Indy.

Well, imagine my surprise when I got to the security screening area and there were only 2 other people in line! Maybe this wasn't so bad afterall. But as I looked to my right, there were 3 people in a roped off area being patted down. I thought... hmmm.. all three really? And then I realized they were not speaking english very well- so perhaps there was just a 'communication issue' and I stepped right up to take my hororary place as third in line, thinking I'd zip right through the line and be to my gate in a breeze. But then as I turned to my left, I spotted it- the air puffer machine! So as I start to fill my bins and lay my bags flat, they ask the gentleman in front of me "Sir, have you ever been this this machine?" To which his answer is "no" so they go on to explain he will need to step in, it will puff air around him, and then he will need to wait for it to tell him to exit! I am sure you could almost see an aura of glee floating around me because the guy in front of me got picked! So I start to send my items through the scanner and they TSA agent says "Miss, have you ever been in a machine like this one over here before? " I had quite a few replies running through my head of what I'd like to say, but the only one that came out was 'Just last week.' I don' t know if I somehow thought that would exempt me from going through or what, but his only reply was, 'ok then, step right in. ' So as the machine is dry spitting in my face, I hear them discussing what might be in my backpack. If you've looked at the pics from the link above and saw what the Easter Bunny left- well, the Easter Bunny sent all that, bubble wrapped in my backpack! Luckily they decided it was two bowls and a mug (not bad) and sent me on my way!

So I decided that at Concourse D, they must just air puff everyone- small lines, they can do that.
That theory was blown to pieces by the rest of my group traveling out to meet me in Boston. That wasn't the case for them. So, I just I'm just lucky. That's how I'm going to look at it. I'm lucky! I don't usually get picked for things, or win anything- so all my luck must come at the airport! Woo hoo! Lucky me! Next time I'm there, I'm buying a lottery ticket! :)

Happy 100th! Hope you enjoyed it!

No comments: