ok.. i know, i know.. its been a while, again. I'm busy. :) I was on the road to Indianapolis EVERY DAY last week... so 'traveling' is an understatement to what I did last week.
My week- However, one of those days was our outreach visit to Riley Children's Hospital. It was awesome!!! The kids were so sweet and grateful to have someone there to work with them and do some fun computer things. I took 2 of my students with me, and I think they had a good time too. Of course, the things you don't have to think about when you are doing a regular outreach visits are situations like this... "Miss, if you see me rubbing my belly, its because I just took my medicine before I came down here, and I might throw up." To which I am sure my eyes got huge and then I looked at my little laptop that he was using and straight in the line of his fire. Luckily one of the helpers there heard him, and had enough forsight to say "do you think you are going to throw up?" "Yes" "OK- here's a bucket. " "Miss, do you know if there is a bathroom down here?" "Um.. Susie...is there a bathroom down here?" "Nope. Are the nurses montoring your output? " " I think so..." "Ok-- we better go fast... " Fun times I tell ya. :)
The Wall- so the update on the wall is that when I got home on Friday, one of the head neighborhood guys was out mowing my lawn. I asked him how things were coming along with the wall- he said they were just getting quotes on it. Followed by, did it scare you? (ok- i'm pretty sure that's a rhetorical question everyone keeps asking me. :) ) And then he told me about a time he and his wife had a car drive through their dining room. Hmm. This must be more common than I thought. :) Well, luckily, I woke up at 7:30 am on Saturday Morning to 'clunk, clunk, clunk' outside my bedroom window. Turns out they mason people were there to clear the brick. But not fix the wall. So now there is a straight shot to my bedroom. Awesome.
- The Circle of Life- So 7:30 is pretty early for loud noises outside your window on a Saturday. I was not happy about that. But that's partly my fault. I went to Midnight Madness to paint pottery on Friday night. And was there til close to midnight. When walking back to my car in the parking garage, I walked by 3 firefighters trying to pry open the elevator door. I remember thinking 'hmm... thats kind of odd' but kept walking and headed home. When I got home and checked my phone for the final time that evening, there was a text message from Katie Kline. It read 'trapped in the elevator.' :) WHAT?? She and Courtney had left around 11ish from pottery painting. So they finally got out.. but were stuck in there until 12:10. :) I didn't know if I should laugh or cry for them. :) So anyway.. i wasn't quite tired.. so i stayed up until almost 2 am.
So... I head to bed... only to be woken up. No, not by the front loader and diesel engine outside my window at 7:30, this was at 5 am. To what sounded like a baby crying. Ok... y'all know I am not the most rational thinker when woken up by strange noises outside my bedroom windows. Plus it was dark still.. and I am not real keen on trekking around the outside of my house, in my PJ's, in the dark. And so while I lay there, I threw around the idea that someone had left a baby on my doorstep. And then rerationalinzed that if that were the case, someone would find the baby. It was a constant "waa...waa..waa.. WHHHAAA.." for almost an hour... so my next thought was that it must be the circle of life... and that a stray cat got hit on the street and was lying there writhing in pain, or that a raccoon got stuck under the brick carnage (that was still there at that time.) All to which I decide, I don't really do dead animals (unless I am eating them) and wasn't quite ready to go out and see what I could find outside my window. So what do I do... the best thing I know to do... raitionalize that it's the circle of life... and I turn up my fan and put the pillow under over my head to drown out the noise. :) Only to be woken up again at 7:30. What was it? I still have no idea...but when I went out to take pics of the wall clean up, I did see a pile of feathers by my bedroom window.....
Secret Crush- And that takes us to this week... one of my outreach colleagues has me sit in on his outreach advisory council meeting once a year to represent out outreach team. The rest of the council is made up of teachers and administrators from around the area. I wasn't too keen on being in this meeting all day until I walked in this morning and saw a delightful sight! There was a teacher at my internship last year that made things worthwhile to go to the school each day- he's fun, friendly, and a good piece of eye candy. (and I will mention married. ) And there he wa! Its a harmless crush- we all have those people in our endeavors that make things a bit more enjoyable because they are there... he's one of those! So it was so much fun to catch up and see how good ole SWMS was doing! He told me that my project "Teddy" was doing well and was at the academy this year where he was getting a lot more help and attention and doing well! That warmed my heart!
So.. that's it for now.. sorry its been so long.. hopefully i'll do better this week.. i've just signed upto where i can update my blog via text messages and email.. so that should make it easier.. :)
Until then....

1 comment:
NEVER OPEN YOUR DOOR TO A CRYING BABY!!!
SOMEONE IS TRYING TO KILL YOU!!!
okay, maybe that's a little drastic... but that's what that e-mail forward said a few years ago!! haha :)
Post a Comment