bkg

4.06.2009

Birthday Celebrations

So I had a birthday last week. No worries if you are a blog reader and feel a moment of pang thinking, 'oh crap, I had no idea it was your birthday.' It was kind of one of those weeks. Actually, it was a bit twilight zone ish. :) I've learned something about myself this past week though... I have a sense of entitlement regarding my birthday. It's the one day out of 365 that I feel like people should take notice and do nice things for you, etc. I am also the kind of person who just likes to celebrate anything with anyone... birthdays being at the top of the list though! So the excitement of the week was already dampered by the fact that I knew there were various other engagements that held a higher priority than my measly birthday. But being the fighter that I am... I pulled myself up by the bootstraps and realized that was dumb to let that deter me... But everytime I thought I knew what was going to happen... it was just blow after blow to knock me down- to the point I was ready to just stay at home for the weekend and forget that birthdays exist. Seriously. But then the sun started shining from behind this cloud a little bit and things got a bit brighter- and here's how the birthday festivities panned out...

Thurs night- dinner with my adopted family from church- we moved furniture. :-) Regaining my tough girl outer shell. :)


Friday night- dinner with my other adopted family from church-most awesome dessert ever- life was looking a little sweeter.


Later Friday night... Applebees with Jean and Ryan... and Applebee's Matt as our server! New found information from him: he lives in my neighborhood- Rocking the Pines on Halyard, his birthday was March 18th! So he's 31 now! He watches Scrubs- and had a great appletini reference. :) When I told him the wedding was the following day- he responded that he had the dresses ready, boxed, and steamed for us. :) We got a birthday celebration pic with him! yay! I love Applebee's Matt!



More Surprises from Friday- phone messages from my favorite people- my parents, sister, Sweet Natalia singing Happy birthday( the voice of a 3 year old angel is so precious! ), Thomas remembering amidst the family wedding festivities (sorry T- no I really didn't think you'd remember ;-) I thought Ranch Slavery and you being Cinderella would keep you from it. :) )


Saturday- great car ride to the wedding and back- Thanks to Russell for keeping me company and helping the 6 hours in the car pass quickly! (Side Note: Laurie- apparently boys just talk on road trips. And a couple sing along songs. :-) )


Saturday evening post-wedding- Marks Feed Store- great bbq dinner with the wedding party friends to celebrate my bday!


Saturday night- sweet surprise in the mail when arriving home near midnight! Almost couldn't believe my eyes. :)


Sunday- celebrations continued-the whole fam made their way down to WL to celebrate and I got to see the cutest baby in the world- yay for Anna! She's growing but still favors her Auntie a bit! :)


Then today at work... there was a cake and present for me from my co-workers! That was one of the twilight zone moments from Friday- we typically do something for everyone's bday here... and nothing happened Friday afternoon. So I was quite bewildered while walking out the door Friday. I don't know what or why-but that was a nice surprise this morning! And a red lobster gift certificate- if only it were applebee's. ;-)
All in all.. it was a fine birthday afterall. :) I have decided that I am going to open the celebration window until the end of April- so there's still time to celebrate with me if you're inclined! Offer expires April 30, 2009 though.. so hurry- supplies limited! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wanna celebrate with you!!! I didn't know it was your birthday, Mindy!! :(

but we should celebrate. AND plan our gift for Jean's shower.

pednurse said...

Hmmm....since I didn't get to celebrate my birthday at all this year....maybe we should go out & celebrate together! :)