So tonight I was meeting Vicky Martin to discuss making the bridesmaid dresses for Courtney's wedding. We thought it woud be good to get together before getting all the girls together on Thursday night and come up with a game plan. So.. we decided we could meet for dinner! :-) So I suggested Applebee's. :)
I got there before Vicky and actually had trouble deciding what I would do when I walked in. Do I just take whatever they give us or do I look for Applebee's Matt and request his section. :) Hmm... so I look around for Vicky, and tell them to seat me. She starts scanning her list of servers and I see Matt's name on the list- just as he walks out of the back room. (Another Little Mermaid scenario- "ah-ah-ah, Ah-Ah-AH" and there he is.) So I say, "could we sit in Matt's section?" And sure enough.. it's possible.
So I sit, waiting for Vicky to arrive. And here comes Matt. I smile and I say, "I promise, I'm not stalking you. :) You're just a really good server and I enjoy sitting in your section." To which he replies, " Well, you're a really good customer, so I don't mind. :) " And that's what makes him a really good server. :) Well that- and Vicky ordered a hot chocolate, and turns out the restaurant was out of hot chocolate, so Matt decided he could make a hot chocolate with milk and choc syrup for her. And did... and didn't even charge her for it. And it was good! And he was able to give her plenty of vegetarian options for her meal!! Good server! (ok- so side note- I'm sure it will only take a few more visits before he reaches the status of the servers at my parent's favorite restaurant and has my drink waiting for me before I hit the table. :-) )
So when visiting there last week, Craig, Courtney, Katie and I were imagining scenarios about this Matt (when Courtney asked what I actually knew about him). And the scenarios were in an assessment of if in some parallel universe Applebee's Matt would ever be a potential match for Mindy. Of course, we came up with things like 'maybe he's a teacher and this is his night job- um no- because if that's the case, then he should be at home in bed by now.' OR 'maybe he's a grad student and is working to pay for school- um no, they don't usually let you have an outside job while you're in grad school at Purdue. ' or 'maybe he's an undergrad- um no because then we have a serious age problem. :) ' So at that point in time, I decided maybe I'd rather not know and we'd just enjoy him as we knew him.
Well, tonight I decided that we'd reached that 4th encounter and maybe it was time to know something else about Matt. :-) As we had the pattern instructions laid out all over the table, we did at one point in time ask him if he knew anything about sewing - to which he responded 'yes a little bit. ' And I told him that was perfect because we were making bridesmaid dresses and we could just drop them off for him to make and we'd come back when he had them finished. He suggested that would be 5 or 6 years. :) But I had to know more. So in a jovial banter at the end of dinner, I told him that I felt like we had this relationship now, so we needed to know more about him. So what didn't we know about Applebee's Matt that we should know? :) I fully expected him to tell me he was Mormon. Seriously. ( But it was all in fun and not stalkerish at all. :-) ) So here's what we learned about Applebee's Matt tonight from that one question...
1) He's 30!!!!!!! (I went from elation, surprise, and dread all in one second. Why are you 30 and working at Applebee's? :) )
2) He's worked there for 10 years! (no wonder he's so good! )
3) He likes to hang out, watch sports, and play video games. (oh surprise- he's a boy! )
4) He's in school at Purdue, majoring in OLS.
5) He's boring (self described)
6) He's broke (also self described)
7) He already has a degree in Computer Technology from IVY Tech.
8) His parents love him.
9) He's from Plymouth, IN. (Thank you sister for having taught in Argos. :-) It made for a fun conversation! )
10) He said he'd have a list of questions for me next time. :-)
So there it is... we now know more about Applebee's Matt! So he did have some elements of all we thought, but apparently there was a best case scenario and that's it! Of course, now i'm worried that he has a computer technology degree and my credit card number... hmmmmm.... oh well... :)
Who's in for next week? :)

2 comments:
Ahhh, but there are those that are in grad school at Purdue and have outside jobs. :) Otherwise our dear family would be financially crushed. LOL Of course, I did tell my crazy DH that he did need to finish his schooling before our kids started college..... LOL
I think you might be bordering on stalker status! :-)
Post a Comment