bkg

1.08.2009

My new obsession...

Last week when I had my houseguests, Jenny and I ventured out to the local Applebee's three nights in a row to meet up with friends. We found out that if you went after 9 pm, they had half price appetizers! woo hoo! So each night we enjoyed a fare of appetizers and desserts. And they were delicious! :)

Well, night number 2, we celebrated Jenny's birthday there too. Our server was a delightful young man named Matt. He was fun and very helpful! And put up with the three of us and our craziness!

So when we returned for night number 3(this time as a party of 7 though) and saw Matt working again, we were saddened to be placed in someone elses section. But while this proved to be the busiest night they had all of break and were understaffed, our dear Matt came by our table to celebrate with us once again!

So why did we like him so much... I don't know- he's cute- not overwhelmingly attractive, but cute, nice smile- able to charm a table of 30 somethings... but I think what we all liked the most was that he told us he wasn't going out for new year's eve and would just be at home watching football the day after.

So... he is my new obsession. :-) Not in a bad stalkerish way, but more like a game. :) And fodder for my facebook status.

Well, last night I convinced (ok- it wasn't that hard to convince you guys ;-) ) a few of my friends to go to applebee's after bible study. So we walk in and I start scanning the room... and no Matt. *sigh* And just as the hostess comes up to us and grabs the menus, he walks out of the back (cue little mermaid music "ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-AH") and I immediately ask the hostess if we can sit in Matt's section and she says yes! Woo hoo! So at this point in time, Im not quite sure what to do when he comes to our table. But, he recognizes me from our outings the week before and even comments on the birthday celebration. :-) Score. The rest of the night was spent trying to figure him out without having any information. Courtney asked me what I knew about this Matt- and the answer is basically nothing. What can I tell you from what we observed- he wears jewelry- but not a wedding band. We assume he must at least be over 21 because the 3rd night in the prior visits, he was serving in the bar. His last name starts with a Q according to our receipt. And that's about it. So at our table, we entered a conversation trying to figure him out- but in the end, I don't know that I want to know- it's kind of fun having the mystery man server! (of course, he may think we are stalking him... and maybe its not so fun for him. :) ) It not a relationship that is ever going to happen - so we might as well keep it fun and jovial. :) Although... I've considered going on the Applebee's diet- maybe I can be the Jared of Applebee's and lose half person by eating there every day? Of course, that's probably not going to happen if my meals are strawberry limeade and maple butter blondie brownie. :) But it could happen, right? :) And in the end, he's probably mormon anyway. :)

1 comment:

Gloria said...

Hey Mindy, check out Taylor the Latte Boy Rebuttal, Sung by Ben Hensley on Youtube.