So my dear Kelsey has started this game on her blog and I willingly took the challenge. Basically, she assigns you a letter and then you have to list 10 things you love that begin with that letter! And then I can assign letters to others if you want to play along! So, Kelsey gave me the letter 'R'.. so here goes nothing...1) Ribbon- Seriously- I love ribbon! Anywhere I can add it as an accent, its a done deal! (Hence my 2 favorite skirts! ) Martha Stewart and I should get together- I think I could show her a thing or two...
2) Reality TV- I'm a junkie. I've probably watched at least one episode of most reality shows if not at least an entire season. (minus the ones on MTV). I cannot even explain why I like them. Maybe it's the train wreck aspect of them? You don't want to watch them, but it's such a tangled mess that you just can't look away? Current reality tv I'm watching: Biggest loser, American Idol, Top Chef, The Bachelor, I think that's it... but starting Saturday, add Gone Country 3 to the list! :)
3) Red Cream Soda- AKA Big Red in the southern regions. I've liked it since I was a kid.. it's awesome... creamy.. and fruity... what more could you ask for- oh right, an insulin shot to go with it. :) I don't drink it much anymore...but oh the memories...
4) Raspberries- I actually love fresh fruit of all kinds.. but raspberries are one of my favorites... i love the seeds too! Yum !
5) Rap Music- I know.. hard to believe. But its true... there's just nothing like old school 80's rap- a little Sir-Mix-A-Lot Buttermilk Biscuits and Swass is music to my ears. I even got one of my nicknames because that was the 'rap name' a friend gave me in high school. Yep- that's where "Mins" came from... my wannabe rap career. :)
6) Rainbow Sherbert/Sherbet- I really do not like ice cream. I know, that amazes people and throws them off guard. But give me a bowl of the technicolor goodness and I'm set. Even better if within the rainbow, there's a stripe of raspberry. (see #4 above. )
7) Resting- I enjoy my R and R time and napping..there's nothing more refreshing to me than a little rest!
8) Renting- So I often get the question as to why I don't own a home. A- have you seen the market (ok good for buyers, not good for sellers if I were to ever move) and B- I don't have to do my own yardwork. Or take care of maintenance issues. Not that I'm not capable- I'm actually pretty handy. But it gives me more time for #7. :) And I don't have to deal with issues like this: I am pretty sure that either my garage is sinking or my driveway is levitating. Over the past few days I have noticed that as I pull out of the garage, the driveway concrete is a good inch taller than the garage. And it's freaking me out. It didn't used to be that way- it was a nice smoothe transition, not like hitting a speed bump while leaving the house. I suspect our crazy frozen winter has something to do with it...but because I'm renting... not my problem. :)
9) Religion- I enjoy hearing people explain why they believe what they believe. :) Whether I agree or not. But I sure do love my God and all he's done for me. :)
10) - last but not least...and actually probably the most... Ross King- if you've read the blog before- then you've seen reference to him. Go here or here to check out more about him. Or just go to iTunes and download one of his albums (I highly recommend And All the Decorations Too... it's my fave!) He's a storyteller and I love how deeply his songs make you think!
ok....so who's next - anyone want to buy a vowel? :)

No comments:
Post a Comment