here's the quick DWTS update- Donny's still in! Woo hoo! I have a crush on Aaron Carter. Chuck Liddell is somewhat endearing. Tom Delay did indeed stay a week too long- and even danced with 2 stress fractures. Crazy!!! Natalie Coughlin needs to learn how to breathe. And I think MJH is probably going home soon.
Other notes...
- I just wrote a letter of recommendation for a high school kid who I think may be hitting the wacky weed a bit too much and selling it to his friends (I have no evidience of this though) ... I thought about putting that he was 'entrepreneurial'. :) But instead spoke to what I knew.. he was creative and good with the kids at my camp.
- A friend of mine and I have been having what we are calling DISCO nights... it has nothing to do with dancing. It stands for Diving Into Souls through Christian Outreach. Basically we both realized that we weren't getting to know people on the level we'd like to... so we thought we'd invite a couple people over at one time for dessert and just chat. We have a list of people that we want to invite.. so if you are reading this and you haven't been invited yet.. your time is coming! :) Just be patient! We are somewhat intentional about trying to dive deeper into their spiritual lives. The first couple were kind of scary because we didn't know how it would go... but I've been amazed what a little dessert, a bowl of popcorn, and some warm cider can do to help create community.
- But speaking of dancing... my hip hop class starts this coming Tuesday! I'm excited but freaked out too! I am not what you would call 'flexible' or 'coordinated' :) Should be interesting for all involved. Who knows though...if I video tape some of it, maybe I could be the next YouTube Sensation!
- I saw the remake of Fame last weekend. All it did was confirm that they shouldn't remake classics.
ok- think that's about all for now.. i'll try to post again sooner!

No comments:
Post a Comment