bkg

11.16.2009

hip hop happenings

once again.. its been a while since I last posted...and I've committed to taking the word 'busy' out of my vocabulary... so I have no reason for not blogging lately other than I just didn't want to. :) but here's the update on what's been going on...

San Francisco
I was in San fran last weekend for a board of directors meeting :) So I know many people who love the city.. I'm not one of them. I do think that the saying of " I left my heart in San Francisco" has more to do with the fact that you need a heart transplant after hiking up some of those hills more than it does affection for the city. :) But taht's my take on it. We were quite scheduled while there.. but Idid manage to get down to the wharf and to the ghiradelli factory. :) Sourdough Bread and chocolate.. those were some of the highlights of the trip. The meeting was weird, but not as bad as my cab ride from the airport. I really feared for my life on that ride. The driver was falling asleep and hitting barracades. I thought about asking him to let me out.. but not sure how much that was going to help since I didn't know where I was or where I was going. :) The good news is I survived. One fun story is that I now have 15 more fans of The Freaky Tooth Blog We did one of those get to know you activities where you had to figure out which statement went with whom... and mine was that I maintain a blog dedicated to a tooth. :) Intriguing. :) The final highlight was my trip to the airport. I got to ride in the hotel town car and had a delightful conversation with the driver. It was so delightful that he gave me a hug and a kiss when he dropped me off at the airport. :)

DWTS
Final 4- Donny's still in it- but having a rough night. On other notes.. Derek is a bit cuter this season.. its the hair.. and I'm glad that crybaby aaron carter went home last week. I know.. that's different than how I started off the season...but he's just such a whiner!!! :)

Internal Dialogue
do you ever stop and take account of what is actually running through your head? I had to run over to another building on campus today... and here's some of the thoughts that went through my head in those few minutes:
  • wow.. those are some big leaves on the ground- those are like what fairies would use to transport a whole village through a puddle!
  • (it was rainy and cold today.. ) as I passed by a kid on campus.. my thought was- I'd trade my umbrella for his carhart jacket!
  • if this rain were snow, we may have been able to stay home today

Hip Hop Class

Most of you know I'm attempting to take a hip hop dance class. Yeah. Its more pop than hip hop... we are sassy! :) and sexy. and jumbled up like a bag of scrabble pieces on the floor. :) But.. we are having fun... I was really hoping for the single ladies dance... doesn't seem like that's gonna happen... but i'd be happy to just dance to a song I knew! :) oh my... I just looked up the lyrics to the song we are supposed to dance to tomorrow... and got schooled on homonyms.

I think that's all for now... I'll try to post more often! :)

No comments: