Ok.. now Whitney Houston is 'singing'. The only thing good about her is her last name. :) (shout out to all my H-town friends! )
So while we wait 1.5 hours .. I'll tell you what else has been going on...
1) I can't feel my thighs. :) Or maybe its the opposite- I feel them all the time. :) (wow that sounds bad...) but what I mean is that I went for a tune-up perosnal training session last night... and boy did I get tuned. :) To add insult to injury, I had hip hop class tonight. Luckily we had a chair dance tonight. Yep... dancing with a chair. I was good until he wanted us to stand and squat on the chair...and my thighs didnt like that at all. I'm not sure how I'll do walking tomorrow... but the chair dance was kind of awesome. :)
2) have you ever had one of those small world situations that is just awkward? I typically like small world stories... but not when they just get weird. :) So yesterday I got a facebook msg from a lady who was given my name by my sister's pastor's wife. (yep.. follow that one backwards.) They went to college together. Anyway... the lady was telling me about a friend who used to work at Purdue, moved to California, but is now moving back to West Lafayette because things didn't work out. And the friend is coming back but doesnt have a job, housing, friends, family, and is having a rough time. The lady who contacted me was looking for someone who could be Jesus in this lady's life- maybe help her find a group to get involved in, etc.
(DWTS side note.. I didn't need to see Tom DeLay in tight wranglers doing the two step. Could have done without that like I could have with Adam Lamberts performance on the AMA's the other night. )
So... I told the lady that contacted me that I would help however I can, but I'd need a little more info about her friend and her perceived needs, etc. Is she at all interested in church activities, etc. does she need a place to stay for a few days when she gets back from Cali, etc?
In the mean time, I decided to add the orginal lady as a facebook friend. I looked through her friends once she accepted me and quickly found a name I recognized. Sooo... turns out this is a lady that used to work in my department and college... and left on somewhat bad terms.. but decided to move to California to be with her GIRLFRIEND. Huh. Now what? I still want to be Jesus to her...but not sure she's going to want help from me since we have many similar work acquaintences and she left under distress. She also has some emotional issues. So.... I wrote back and told the lady that I recognized one of her friends and said the same thing about having worked in the same dept and wondering if she would even want help from me! But also gave our church phone number as a resource for her. So... its awkward.
3) Our church is going through some rough times right now. This is the best expression of what's going on here and better than I could ever have said it.
4) As much as I hate to admit it- sometimes I can be a girl. Not just female...but an overly emotional, irrational, crying for no reason kind of girl. I had one of those moments this weekend. It seriously was so silly.. and while I was able to recognize it... I couldnt stop the tears, even though I was laughing about it too. It was what a friend of mine called 'the perfect storm'. So basically a series of events that would cause no reaction individually, but combined together, it creates emotional chaos. The events that tied together were a phone call from one person, a grocery store visit where I saw another person, a song at church, and a date on the calendar. Pretty regular kind of things... but here's a photo representation of what I looked like on Sunday :

i'm not sure why I wrote about this- but it was an awesome opportunity to post a picture from Glee. :)
(ooh.. and DWTS update- just saw Jack Osborne for the first time this season! he looks good! )
5) I'm having a procedure done at my dermatologist on Friday. Not sure what I was thinking doing it over a vacation- because basically I have to stay indoors and out of the light for 48 hours after I do it. So much for catching the sales. The procedure is called photodynamic therapy. It basically burns off a layer of your skin and changes the way your body produces oil. fun times. So I will be a vampire or gremlin this weekend. Even some overhead lights can cause problems (especially the fluorescent lighting in buildings (or my kitchen.) So no going outdoors.. not even to get the mail... its funny how there are regular days where you wish you could just stay at home all day and do nothing... and then when you have to stay in all day.. that's no fun! Oh well! I'm hoping I don't look like a freak- but then again, been there before too. :) (I'll refer you to the freaky tooth blog :) )
so I guess that's about all for now... we are still no where near the announcement of who is going to win but im tired of blogging. :)
sorry to keep you in suspense...

No comments:
Post a Comment