bkg

12.18.2009

how many times do I have to tell you...

No.. I really didn't have any reaction when you did the first round of the Blue Light face burning? :) I was back in today for round two.. this time a full round. The tech that does the procedure asked me again about any reaction I had last time...and once again the conversation went like this... "did you end up having any reaction from the last time?" "nope.." "nothing?" "nothing." "hmm... ok. " So we went ahead and proceded with the full dosage this time.

I don't idle well... i brought a magazine and a book with me. I was done with them 30 minutes in to the 60 minute waiting time after the topical was applied. I considered rifling through the cabinets to see what I could find to play with... but I flipped channels on the tv instead. Finally the time was up and the tech returned to tell me it was time. So I got up and started to go to the sink... and she ushered me to the chair in front of the machine instead.

So I said..." don't i need to wash this off first?" "no, we wash it off after the procedure." "oh. well... last time, we definitely washed it off before." "oh.. really? maybe i was afraid you were going to have a reaction." AHA! NO WONDER I DIDN'T HAVE A REACTION AT ALL LAST TIME!

So we go ahead and start the procedure... and withing 60 seconds i do feel some burning around my nose... it eventually travels to part of my upper lip and slightly onto my cheeks... but nothing major. It basically feels like someone rubbed icy hot on your face... not like a sunburn or windburn. So I am reporting this information to her as we go... and at the end of it she actually asks me this question: " so was it worse than last time? " 'well... i guess SINCE I DIDN'T HAVE A REACTION AT ALL LAST TIME, relatively speaking it was worse... but not bad. "

so here I sit on lockdown... my face is a bit red.. but not warm at all.. most of the tingling has subsided...and I still have 47 hours left on lockdown :) and tons of christmas movies on dvr to watch all weekend! :)

No comments: