yes.. I know... I don't post nearly as much as I used to and I'm keeping y'all from vicariously experiencing all the fun of my life. I'm going to try to do better for you. I find that I just post statements on facebook that would make entertaining stories on the blog... so I'll try to sneak time and blog more often too.
Resolutions
I do have a new year's resolution. Well, actually, I kind of pick a theme for the year.. and this year, its reconnection. :) It all started at my cousin's wedding in November. I have an aunt and uncle who I adore that live in the same town as I do, and I never see them! So at the wedding I told them I was going to make it my resolution to keep in better touch with them. So.. tomorrow I'm meeting my aunt for lunch! Yay! Well, in addition to that scenario, I received an email on Christmas eve from one of my high school friends who was just trying to track me down and see what I was up to. That kind of made my day. And on top of that, I went to my sister's house for Christmas eve... and she had seen one of our old college friends visiting their christmas eve church service and invited her to stop by afterwards. So it was great to catch up with her too! So, since I enjoyed that so much- i decided that 'reconnection' was going to be my theme of the year. Monday I am going to have dinner with another friend from high school who turns out lives in my town too!
No, Really, I Can't Make this Stuff Up If I Tried
So... I'm not always comfortable disclosing personal information on my blog. But, because you are faithful blog readers, I owe this one to you. This will come as a surprise to some of you, but I had joined eHarmony a few years ago after the success my sister had. Well... turns out, my very first match on there was my good friend and our then campus minister. :) Ironic. Needless to say, I didn't have much success when I was on that time and kept getting matched up with people that wanted to know if I enjoyed shopping at Walmart, if I liked food, and if I liked to swim in a lake or pool, or that thought watching Joel Osteen on TV constituted 'going to church on a regular basis.' So... discouraged, I gave up for a while. Well... a month or so ago, eHarmony sent me a deal I couldn't refuse, so I signed up again, expecting to have the same experience. There are still some of the same losers on there- ie. the guy who's profile pic is him in long jean short and a cut off camo muscle shirt. But... then there are some guys who seem worth checking out.
Well.. there is this one guy who seems like he's pretty quality based on his answers... a bit of a dork.. but I thought it was worth a go to communicate with him. We got to the point of open communication (which is basically freely emailing each other) and i had asked him about his spiritual life. He told me he was going to be church shopping because the current church he was attending was teaching some things he didn't agree with such as the fact that they were teaching that people who were married would be more blessed in the next life. *RED FLAG* He wouldn't tell me which church it was and actually encouraged me to guess which church it was. Well...knowing that I serve a God of comic irony...and you all remember this post, and this post, and this, and even this post... I knew there could only be one answer. He's Mormon. OH IRONIES OF IRONIES!!!!! :) I guess the good news is that starting this weekend, he's not going to be Mormon anymore. :) But c'mon! Mormon????? What are the chances??? :) Oh right... in my world probably 99/100 :)
Hope you are all having a great 2010. :)
I'll try to keep you up to date more often!

No comments:
Post a Comment