The rest of the Weekend
This weekend, beside picking sweet corn in the dress and heels, I got to celebrate 179 years of living! It started with a birthday celebration for my grandmother (my mom's mom) who turns 90 later this month! We had around 75 family members (ok- all but 2 were family) at a party on Saturday. It was great to see the family and great to celebrate such an accomplishment!
Then on Sunday, we went to a birthday party for my great aunt (my dad's aunt) who is turning 89! Not quite as big of a turn out, but still quite a few there to celebrate this accomplishment too!
But the great thing about this is not that they are still alive, it's that they are still living! Yes, there's a difference. I could imagine me at 90, not knowing what's going on around me, never getting out of the house, etc. But these remarkable ladies still have a lot of spunk and get up and go in them! I can only hope I have as much living left in me when I'm 60 as they do at 90!
The Mormon Kids
Let me start by saying that I live in a fairly good sized neighborhood, and my house is right on the corner entrance to that neighborhood. So... I am the frequent first stop of the mormon 'elders' while they are out on their missions. (How they can be called elders, I don't know because I'm pretty sure they're not a day over 20. ) I've decided that they probably get enough doors slammed in their faces, so the least I can do is be nice to them. Sometimes I tell them I'm not interested, other times, I listen for a bit and then hear their spiel, and then tell them i'm not interested. But, I may have a direct ticket to hades for what I did last night.
I was on the phone with my sister- and the doorbell rang. On the way to the door, I told her it was probably either a mass murderer or the Mormons. It was the Mormons. Given the option of a mass murderer or the Mormons, it's usually the Mormons. So.. trying to get rid of them, they asked if they could come back tomorrow (today) and I said yes. I should be home around 6:30. Well, turns out, I have a dinner to go to at 6:30. And yes, I knew that when I said they could come back. I lied to the Mormons. To make matters worse, when they were asking if my husband would be home then too, I said no, because I don' t have a husband, but maybe y'all could help me with that. They then asked if it would be ok for someone from their church to come with them because they don't usually enter single female homes alone. :-) (And they are probalby thinking now that I'm crazy! ) Later, it occurred to me that the shirt I was wearing makes me look 100% pregnant if I am not wearing it tucked in, and I wasn't at that point in time, so now they're probably thinking here's this pregnant girl, without a husband, trying to get us to adopt her child!
So... a few minutes later I got off the phone with my sister and I felt terribly guilty. So, I went outside and tried to find them. I looked around both corners to see if they were at other houses and they weren't. So then today, I even tried to call their church and there was no answer. So what do I do... let them come anyway tonight, and then just not be there? Leave a note for them on the door? I'm pretty sure they'll be back no matter what i do :) But I'd prefer for them to just be mormon kids and not mass murderers when they return! So... I guess, for now, this is To Be Continued...The Mormon Attack at Colony Pines...

1 comment:
oh.my.gosh. I am dying.
"I lied to the Mormons." hahahahahaha... soo funny!! :)
hopefully I will be updating this afternoon so you'll have something to read tomorrow! :D
Post a Comment