bkg

8.25.2008

Human Resources, Here I Come!

So in my current job, we are getting ready to hire a new project coordinator. Basically we need someone who can play nice with others, do what they are told, communicate effectively, press record on a vcr, plan a lunch, and keep a schedule. Of course, the job description doesn't read that way, but in effect, that's really what they have to do.

We have received 36 resumes, and I know of 4 others that should be in the pile soon. As I was reviewing them today, there was one candidate who claims to have "impeccable profreading" skills. "PROFREADING?" Apparently she had someone else 'profread' her resume and cover letter. I can't even make up stuff like this.

On other notes, I've threatened to quit if we would hire this other guy who has applied. He went through the admin program with me, and even dared to list McInerney as a reference. How about we hire him as soon as we get in touch with Bill McInerney? (he's my MIA professor) OH how I'd love to make that reference call. :)

2 comments:

Gloria said...

I'd love to take the job if it was closer. Can you move it up here. I really really need a change.

Unknown said...

shoot... I could do that!!!