bkg

12.19.2008

Things that Make you Go 'hmmm..'

1) So yesterday I was at the Northwest Indiana Heart Center with my parents while my mom had an angiogram. (turns out everything is fine- so no worries!) But as my dad and I sat in the waiting room of the NW Indiana Heart Center, it suddenly struck me how overwhelming the smell of cigarette smoke was on many of the people who came in to the waiting room. And then, I remember, I was at a HEART center- and there is a statistical link between smoking and heart disease. So it should have been no surprise at all! :-)

2) Y'all may remember this post. Today I was leaving my building to go meet some work colleagues for lunch... and as I approached crosswalk, there are 2 young men, dressed in their black jackets and white collared shirts approaching it als0- I glance over and see their name tags- and then it was like one of those classic movie moments where the cop realizes they've come across the criminal who thinks they are in safety, everyone does a double take, and then the criminal takes off running. It was just like that! Well, except the part where they didn't recognize me at all and there was no real running involved, but I did have a moment of adrenaline panic and took off to cross the street pretty quickly. :-) I'm such a dork. I'm afraid of the mormons. Genius. :)

3) It is with a sad heart that I report that I am now without a roommate. :( She went to live with her husband on Monday. I know, it makes it sound like she died. :-) But who is going to celebrate with me that the Duggars had baby #18 (Jordyn-Grace born yesterday) , or that Bob won Survivor, or that Duff made a cake that looked like giant bag of gummi bears (ok- he hasn't done that yet, but wouldn't that be awesome? ) ? Yes, there are some positives-I have a guest room for whoever wants to come visit... I can load and run the dishwasher once a week- and in my particularly quirky format. ;-) I can practice my guitar again! woo hoo! But yet.. my house is sooo empty... maybe I should get a pet?

not sure how much i'll post the next couple weeks- so happy holidays to everyone!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I would like to reserve the guest room for a short stay. Don't forget the chocolates on the pillows...

Unknown said...

hahahahahahahahaha you're afraid of mormons. :) that makes me laugh.