So as many of my blog readers may already know, I was NOT offered the job at MD Anderson in Houston. I know.. that's shocking for many of you though. I appreciate your votes of confidence from all of you who thought I was a shoe-in...but going into the initial interview, I knew there were some of their preferred qualifications that I did not meet- and turns out the person they hired did meet those.. so its all good. And the truth of the matter is- I'm ok with not getting this job. I think I had mentioned to all of you that all along I had these ongoing feelings of something just being a bit off. And just couldn't quite put a finger on what was not quite right with it... so I'm kind of relieved that I didn't have to find out the hard way what was amiss. :-) Don't get me wrong... the work still sounds like something I would love to do- and would be rewarding in so many different ways... but it just wasn't right right now.
Now, in other surprising news... Houston got 3 inches of snow last night. I thought my friends in Houston were joking with me just to make me feel better- but nope.. they actually got snow. Crazy. Of course, I hope you'll celebrate the comic irony of all that coming on the day I found out I didn't get the job at MDA. And one of the reasons for looking in Houston for jobs was because they didn't have snow. :-) Ironic.. I know. I can't help but think God was looking down and laughing at that one just a little bit.
I had to go to the dentist this morning (what a lovely topper to all that news.. ) But I think my dentist got it right on the final say about the job when he told me this morning, "well at least you won't have to fly back to West Lafayette twice a year for your cleanings. :-) " That's right Dr. Z. :-) It's all about my teeth. (and side note- yay- no cavities, cracks, nothing... I don't have to see him for another 6 months! Except when I go to the mall and see their kiosk, or driving around town and see their billboards, or on the back of the busses... or in the newspaper.. but at least not in person. :) )

1 comment:
yay happy teeth! :)
Post a Comment