I think I've mentioned a time or 2 before that my life tends to be one comic irony after another. Here's my latest excerpt! :-)
Last weekend (the 12th) my small group from church had a Christmas party. At said Christmas party, we had a White Elephant gift exchange. I love White Elephant gift exchanges because it gives me an opportunity to get rid of something I've been harboring in my house that I really don't need, like, or is just taking up space. I used this party as an opportunity to regift something I got LAST Christmas and still had yet to use. I was so excited to find a happy home for it (although, the gift was more geared toward a female and a male ended up with it in the first round - sorry! :-) ). It would no longer take up space in my house, I wouldn't feel the guilt of not using it even though it came from a dear friend, and I would have freedom! FREEDOM!!!!
Imagine my surprise when exchanging gifts with this same person this week, and it turns out they got me the same thing again this year. Threefold. Yes, three times as much of the same gift I was so willing to give to someone else. Three times as much of the same gift I was happy to have reclaimed the space of. Three times as much of the same gift I don't need. THREE TIMES AS MUCH! :-)
So... can I return it? I don't know... it does still exist in the store.. but it's in different packaging.. am I going to reveal what the present was? NOPE- protecting the spirit of giving and my gratitude to the person who gave it... because afterall, it is the thought that counts! :)
Merry Christmas!
(but by all means if I give you something you don't like, please tell me and feel free to take it back! :-) )

1 comment:
It was Peter, wasn't it? He would do that. haha :)
Post a Comment