I wanted to give you all an update on the crazy stuff going on with my vision. You might remember I left you last by quitting. Quitting trying to figure out why God does what he does, and I was going to quit trying to be Him. My vision had been restore to my 'normal' prescription and all was well.
Last weekend we were up in Valparaiso celebrating my grandfather's 97th birthday! There were lots of people, lots of fun, lots of food.. lots of sugar. I love sugar. :) So I tell you all of this to tell you that I certainly did not eat well. I shared a room with my sister. And I'm telling you this so that you know there was someone there to witness what I'm about to tell you. I woke up Sunday morning, reached for my glasses, and put them on. When I put them on.. things were blurry. I let out a sigh and thought, 'oh great, my vision went bad again.' So I went to put my contacts in, starting with the right contact. I put it in, and realized my vision got WORSE when I put the contact in. I did a quick self eye test (covered the right, sure enough, could see well with the uncorrected left... covered the left, and the contact laden right was blurry. ) WHAT?
I suddenly recalled a question I had asked my optometrist when I went to confirm my vision had gone bad when this all started. He told me that when my vision started getting better, I should just switch back to my previous lenses. I asked "how will I know when my vision is getting better?" His answer... "your near vision will be blurry when you wear your glasses or contact, but you will probably still see well at a distance with the lenses." HMMM. And that's exactly what was happening Sunday. I still needed them to do things like drive.. but reading anything within an arms length or so... crystal clear.
I've worn glasses or contact since I was in 5th grade. And never in that time has my vision gotten better. So I've been trudging through this week with mixed vision. I bring my glasses along to do things like drive, but while sitting in my office, I am sans lenses of any sort. Until this morning that was....
Woke up this morning.. I've gotten used to doing this morning vision check. Wake up...blink a few times... look around to see what I can read clearly, what I cannot. Take a shower... look back toward the bedroom to see what I can see clearly, and what I cannot. As I'm doing my post-shower vision check today, I realize that some of the pictures on my bedroom walls are a lot clearer now. So I finish getting ready.. and go to put my glasses on.. and the blurriness is HORRIBLE so I take them off and I proceed to my final vision check... what does the neighbors house look like across the yard. And its clear. That was not normal before. I could see things immediately around me with clarity. But not anything at any distance. I drove into work today without any corrective devices... and it was pretty good. Still a bit of an issue with some distances..but overall.. even my far vision is getting better too.
This is absolutely crazy!!!! :) But it leaves me questioning my faith. I've been praying for healing of this crazy situation.. and here's God providing above what I expected and I find it odd? I had someone prophesy over me that God would 'dazzle' me... and yet, here I am 'dazzled' but totally freaked out. :) What is wrong with me? :) Take it, run with it, and praise it! So that's my goal from here.. just give God the glory and share my story. :)
And if I'm lucky and things keep progressing like they are.. maybe by the weekend I'll have X-Ray Vision. :) Wouldn't that be dazzling? :)

No comments:
Post a Comment