Some of you know I've been having some medical issues for the past month. Almost exactly a month to the date today. For those of you who don't know.. here's the short version...
I was in Denver, started having vision issues. My far vision was horrible and I could not see the presentations that were going on. I did not have any issues before this... so a pretty sudden onset. Upon return home, I had my vision checked, and my prescription had changed by a whole point on each eye since January 1st. With further research, we found that my blood glucose levels were severely elevated- also a sudden change from when I had had blood work done just a couple weeks before at the end of April. What do I mean by 'severely elevated'? consistently in the 300-400+ range. Normal is under 100. So...begin a series of doctor visits and medications and glucose levels that are not moving. The vision issues most likely caused from the glucose levels. I had the lenses in my glasses adjusted and got new contacts so I could actually see at the new levels.
After lots of struggling and impatience, I had finally relinquished myself to the fact that God has me here for a reason, and I should quit trying to be Him... and whatever would come He and I would deal with and I should just quit- quit worrying, quit planning the next step, quit wondering why... etc.
Last night I went to bed... I could not even read my alarm clock on the nightstand next to me- which was pretty constant since this began. This morning, I woke up and it was crystal clear. I hopped out of bed, grabbed my old glasses... and sure enough I can see at my old levels again! And all I can say is Praise the Lord! Nothing has changed on my sugar levels.. :) Its still the same. But my vision is restored to its previous level. I could offer lots of speculation as to why..but no, I quit. I want to rest in giving God the glory for this..and not take that away from Him by thinking its something I did or a change I made, etc. And I wanted to share this with you- and remind you that God does still care for us in trials, He does still provide what we need when we need it, and He can do anything. Anything.

No comments:
Post a Comment