bkg

7.30.2007

I love happenstance

So this weekend was the first weekend in a long while I have not been occupied with minister search duties. Ahhh... so much free time. What is a girl to do???? Well, so what did I do with my weekend you ask? Well, I helped a friend move, I helped a friend shop for furniture, had a surprise birthday party for Jimmy Huff (and yes he was surprised- especially when the Sipe kids each gave him 25 birthday spankings!), and went and checked out a new church with a friend on Sunday.

So I know you are all wondering where the happenstance comes in. Well, I mentioned checking out a new church with a friend. My one-month roomie is getting ready to move downtown and she had heard of this new church that was meeting in the renevated Lafayette Theatre and it is called the Bridge. So when trying anything new, the buddy system is always appreciated! So I gladly supported my friend in checking out something new and headed to The Bridge with her. Well, much to my surprise, the worship leader for this church is an old buddy of mine from my undergrad days! How fun was that! So we went to lunch together afterwards too!!! It was awesome! I love unexpected connections from the past! It was great to see Matt again. We decided it was probably 5 years ago or so when we last saw each other and that was at a friend's birthday party.

So this might be the last posting for the week. I start a 4 day workshop tomorrow morning (presenting not attending) and then on thursday afternoon I head to nashville for the national campus ministry seminar and will be there until Sunday! Woo hoo! Then again, if the conference is slow, and there's an open internet connection, I may just be blogging. :-)

Well, I am finishing up our conference registration session and then all that's left on the agenda for tonight is a visit to urgent care. I think I broke my finger. ;-) I'll keep you posted. :-)

No comments: