So, if you don't count all of my tooth happenings as surgeries, I have only had surgery one other time in my life. I was much too young to remember it. I don't think I was even 2 years old. My sister and cousin were playing together, I wanted to play with them, they didn't want me to play with them, I chased after them, they slammed my finger in a door. :-) The bone became infected, so they had to go in and scrape the infection out of the bone. It's the middle finger on my right hand and it has an awesome scar! There are great pictures of me holding my bottle with this uber-bandaged finger flipping off the camera!
Well, I was talking to my mom last night and she told me that the doctor who did my surgery yesterday is the SAME GUY who did the surgery on my finger some 33 years ago!!!!!!! My parents live about an hour from Lafayette, and the 'local' hospital for them is about halfway between Lafayette and Demotte. So back in the day, the surgeons traveled up there to see some of the clientele at that hospital too. What are the chances??? 33 years later??? Wow! He did also tell me yesterday when he was stitching me up that he was NOT going to stitch his initials into my back - and went on to tell a story about a doctor down in Bloomington that did do that- and is no longer a doctor. :-) But wouldn't that have been cool if he did that on my wee little finger 33 years ago! Then we'd all know for sure!!!
On other notes, I did get a good look at everything this morning. There are 6 top stitches, so I am not sure if there is another layer underneath or not. But it actually was not too gruesome. I slept well for about half the night, and then couldn't get comfortable, so I am a bit grouchy today. The hardest thing is driving believe it or not. I am a textbook driver- hands at 10 and 2, hand over hand turns... and that's what hurts. The hand over hand... I never knew you used your shoulders so much in driving. :-)
Well.. that's about all for now... it looks pretty good, so hopefully it will heal well. It's probably not the last you'll hear about this...but for now I'll try to get back to more interesting blog materials like caramel apples. :)
PS- a better description of the tumor might include chickpeas with the tapioca. That occurred to me last night. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment