bkg

5.06.2008

two words, four wheels, and the kitchen sink

Two Words...

I know when most of you think of me, two words come to mind. Those two words are 'gansta rap.' No? Seriously- it might not be 'gansta' rap, but I do like rap music. :-) I've liked rap music since before some of my faithful blog readers were even born! Well, I've been denying who I really am for the past few years, but I just can't hide it anymore. I picked up the latest Toby Mac CD a few weeks ago (ok- aside- I don't really think Toby Mac is all rap though) and he has this song on there about boomin out the stereo system. So... I figured it was only right to do just that...so last week when the weather was awesome and the students were still around, I rolled down the windows and cranked up the bass, and boomed out my stereo system. But it was met with some fairly odd looks. Here I am in my Ford Escape, all dressed up, and looking much more mature than the average passerby on campus... and I'm rocking out my car. Anyway.. I tell you all this to let you know, I'll never give up my Young MC and DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince CD's no matter how goofy it looks. Word.





Four Wheels

I was going to title this section 'my piece of crap car'. That should give you an indicator of where I'm going with this... but yes, my car crapped out on me AGAIN today! As you may remember, the last time it quit I was on my way to Indianapolis to do a Lego trip at a school there. I rescheduled that visit for today. So... the good news is, I made it to the school....the bad news is that when I went to leave...i put the key in, tried to turn it over... and no go. I was in denial, so I tried it again, and no go. So... I had the teacher jump my car, and it started right up and I made it back to Purdue. I parked on the dock, turned off my car, and unloaded legos. I went back to start my car... and no go AGAIN! so.. we jumped it again, and it is having a sleepover at Mike Raisor Ford while I am having a affair with a Hyundai Sonata. The biggest issue of the car crapping out on me today was that it was Election Day! It's my responsibility as a concerned citizen to vote! I had my day all planned out... I'd go to Indy, come back and unload, and then go vote. Well.. throw in a trip to the car shop... adn them having to scrounge for a rental for me... I was about to throw a fit about not getting to the polls on time to vote. Well....lucky for me- our county is trying something new this year- voting centers. You can go to any polling place and vote, no matter where you live! Luckily for me... there was one really close to the car shop! So... I stepped in line at 5:57 pm to vote just before the closing at 6 pm.





The Kitchen Sink
So... my living room is getting a makeover! It seems like I am changing out all the furniture except my kitchen sink! I have some before and almost after pics for you... so here's one walls' before and after pics...
Wall 1- Before





























Wall 1- After





























Wall 2- Before





























Wall 2- After- well sort of- this is what will be delivered on Thursday along with my new mattresses!































I think I may have to try to change the feet out on the couch to something wood so that it goes better with the rest of the room... and I don't think those pillows will stay...but I'm so excited to have furniture that doesn't require a sheet of plywood to keep you from falling to the ground! I'm growing up! :) YAY!

2 comments:

Katy said...

Mindy! Your chair and a half looks exactly like the couch that the people I babysit for just gave Phil and I! Now we have to find a house that can fit in it!

Anonymous said...

Mindyls,
LOVE the new furniture!! that is awesome! I can't wait to come visit and see it for real!