So I spent most of the morning getting 'checked-up' on. :)
My day started with a follow up visit to the dermatologist. Let me start by saying, he's a nice guy. And then it gets awkward. Before you know it, he's looking under your shirt, pulling down my knee high socks, and reminding me that his son lives with my boss's sons. :) Just a day in the life of the dematologist. But.. .what disturbs me most is the relative lack of competency in the nurses/ medical assistants. I think I blogged a few weeks ago about my blood pressure- and how when the girl measured it, it was like 116/70. That's not my blood pressure ever. Well, again this morning, this girl was taking my pulse. 68. Yeah, no, that's not my pulse. If my pulse gets that low, I'm close to death. I took it again when she left the room, and it was more like 85. However, their scale said I was down 5 lbs, so I'm going with that. :)
Then.. it was off to the eye doctor! This is a good time to mention that I once wanted to be an eye doctor. Until I was a crazy 18 year old and thought being in school until I was 26 seemed like an ETERNITY! But I love going there, because deep down inside, I still want to be an optometrist. My optometrist is the Drs. Beck. No, that's not a typo- its a husband and wife team, so even when you make an appt with Dr. Beck, you don't know who you're going to see. Today, it was the mister. It had been a couple years since I last saw him. I like him. Their office has gone super high tech! Its cool. Digital imaging of your eyeballs.. its pretty cool stuff. The other thing I love about going to the eye doctor is that I have pretty darn good vision insurance here at Purdue. And each year, it pays for new lenses (either in glasses or a set of contacts for the year) and every 2 years, you get new frames! Woo hoo! So... it had been 2 years since I got my supercool frames that I currently have (see blog pic of me in the profile section) ... but after narrowing it down from 30 pairs.. here's what I chose...

Yes.. there's a hint of green in the tortoise shell, and a touch of bling on the temples... but they look awesome on! The final decision was when I let my hair down..they were perfect! And the best news... my doc office now has their very own lab in their building.. and when I questioned Jackie the frame guru about them being done before I leave town on Tuesday, she said she could have them done TOMORROW! No freaking way! She's awesome! Can you tip opticians? She deserves one!
And the best news... the lenses didnt change on my supercool black ones.. so I can still wear those too! Woo hoo!
Don't know if I'll have a chance to post after picking them up tomorrow.. but i'll give it a go... :)I'm gonna look awesome!

2 comments:
yay for new glasses! I just got some too! :)
Speaking of incompetent med assistants....you'll have to talk to Jenny about Callie's last doc visit. Hilariously incompetent (umm....measured her like a horse....in hands!). Cute new specs!
Post a Comment