bkg

8.12.2009

More Mindy Happenings...

So the weekend after vacation with my dad's family... my mom's family was having a get together.. qutie a few extended relatives met at Das Essenhaus for lunch. In case you've never been there, its in the heart of Indiana Amish Country- and is an Amish/German/Dutch home cooking kind of eatery. Well.. my favorite story from here involves myself. I had never been before but had heard lots of great things about the place. The servers wore authenic cultural garb (smocks, etc. ) But there was one thing I couldn't figure out about the wait staff dress... so I asked my sister. So I said: Amy, why do some of the girls have to wear bonnets and the others do not? Her reply was: Well, probably because they are actual amish people. Oh. Yeah.. that makes sense. :) Silly me....

Last weekend, we celebrated my great aunt's 90th birthday! It was great to see so many family members show up for the party! It was about as big as one of our thanksgiving gatherings- and in our family, that's quite a few people! My best recollection is 37 people!

And in between all these things.. I do a little work. :) Now is the time to let my brain refresh though... by august we are usually kind of brain dead. So productive things are organizing, filing, blogging, etc. :)

Next on the agenda... vacation to New Hampshire! Woo hoo! I leave in a week. This will be the longest week ever- i'm so ready to go now! :) My only debate is what to do for my departing flight. It leaves at 6:30 am. I put out a general call to my friends to see if anyone wanted to take me at 4 am... and so far no takers. :) So... my next genius plan is to go home from work next wedensday, take a nap until about midnight... and then get up like i'm getting ready for the next day- pack, shower, and head to the airport... thoughts????? Somehow that seems better than going to bed at 9 and getting up at 3...

hopefully i don't have much of a story to tell for the flights to new hampshire- and my new mantra for the coming week is- 'don't forget your ID" :)

til then....

3 comments:

Amy O said...

New Hampshire flight-book a hotel room near the Indy airport that have parking options. Sleep there and leave your car, get up at 5 AM and take the shuttle to the airport.

Karla said...

New Hampshire - If you think you can be awake that early in the morning then its not a bad option. I've done that quite a few times before and its not terrible. I would recommend having everything packed the night before except for the essentials you can top off in the morning. And make sure you have some caffeine on hand for the drive! You can do it!

Gloria said...

Getting a hotel where you can leave your car is a good idea and take their shuttle to the airport. But make sure that their shuttle goes earlier then 6 am. We found ones that did not charge the park & fly rates that let you leave your car there did not always have 24 hour shuttles. We have found this works great for us in the past for those early morning flights. The last time we didn't leave our car there we had Heather and Randy take us to the hotel and then they picked us up at the airport when we got back. That worked well also. The shuttle got us there in good time. It seems like it was the comfort Inn for the airport, but I'm not sure. I even got it free with points from previous stays at their chain.