So since most of you are my facebook friends also.. i'm guessing you've seen the pics of the vacation.. so I won't use this space to post them.. but I'll give you some more detail about the trip.
Most of you know I often have trouble at airports. Some troubles are self-induces (AKA the Great ID Caper of June 2009) - others are for no apparent reason. This time around.. it was for no apparent reason. This was my first trip attempting to pack everything in a 21 inch suitcase so I didn't have to check luggage. I was so proud of how efficiently I packed everything. It fit like a glove and every item had just the right spot. Welll.... apparently when you are going through the xray machines in security, thats not a good way to pack. They can't tell what things are! So.. silly me- I had brought a portable fan and packed it vertically, and also packed both my curling iron and flat iron in the same vera bradley curling iron cover! But... when you go through security, and things are packed efficiently... they can't really tell what those things are. So... I got asked to step to the end of the line and we got to go through my expertly packed suitcase. :( Which by the end of things was no longer expertly packed. Grrr. Oh well.. .
So made it to New Hampshire... the highlights of the trip were: Surprise birthday party for Tom- wasnt quite as we had planned but it went off ok. :) Oh.. getting to fly in and out of town with Tom.. its always nice to have a travel companion. Seeing the Hombs girls.. they are sooo cute and entertaining. The food... we don't get seafood like that in Indiana.. so I take full advantage of it when we go out. mmmm..lobster. :) We went to Maine the first day... I love the Portland Head Light and the park there... its just so picturesque. And I got to fly my first kite. :) Me and the 4 year old.. both first timers. :) Saturday we went to Boston.. I don't know what you call the weather they had that day...but it was miserable. Hot, humid, and no circulation of air. Not my favorite.. but going to our favorite Giacomo's and Mikes Pastry made up for it. The Hombs have a decked out van.. complete with dvd player and wireless headphones. Natalia wanted me to sit with her in the back seat... so that also meant I was expected to watch dvd's with her. :) She's really into different languages thanks to her bilingual mother and pre-school. So... highlights include The Nutcracker in Russian, and Tinkerbell in both Spanish and French. :)
And so that maybe doesnt seem like a lot to do while on vacation... so at night we all gathered round the computer or tv and Tom shared some of these with us... enjoy... :) The first one is my favorite...

No comments:
Post a Comment