Ok, THIS may be the cutest thing I've seen in a while...
Secondly.. here's the real post of the day.
So summertime = construction time around campus. Right now, there's no good way for me to get to work without having to go through at least 2 construction sites. I've resolved myself to the fact that people don't understand when 3 lanes merge down to two, there are still two lanes and not just one BIG lane. I'm ok with that. But the most frustrating part of the commute is, by far, parking.
I know I am fortunate to have a parking garage right across the street from my building. So I guess I should just quit my complaining before I start... but I'm not going to. :) The way our parking garage is designed, there are two major entrances. One to the south side of the garage, the other to the north side (closer to my building. ) Well, the north side has been under some random construction for a few weeks now. They only have one floor of it open. This is problematic when combined with the rolling Freshmen Day on Campus where newbies come to register for classes, etc. They can park anywhere. Including my paid for parking spot- preferably in the north end of our parking garage. :)
Well.. in my undergrad days, we did a bible study on a book by Willard Tate. And one thing I remember from it was that you have to have a mentality of expecting things to happen. So, his example was if you want a parking spot up close to the store, you have to expect it to happen. I'm sure there were other good points in the study, but that's the one I've hung onto for 20 years. :) So... each morning, I drive in to the north side of the garage with hopes and anticipation that I may just actually find a parking spot in the limited options on 'my side' of the garage.
This morning, I was pulling in to the garage, and this older lady was walking through the garage- she stopped me and told me that she was parked a few spots back and I could have her spot. :) We exchanged a few words about how hard it is to find a spot in the garage and how wanted they are, etc. My first thought was VICTORY! I've expected it to happen, and here it is! :) So I pull into my coveted spot, and exit my vehicle with all these great thoughts about God and how the little things can make our day and that he always provides for us when we expect him to, etc. I was all excited to go into my office and tell the girls about what this nice lady had done for me! But... I ended up with a different story to tell. Imagine my surprise as I rounded the corner to exit the parking garage and I see 3!!! other open spots that I could have secured on my own! There were 3 other open spots (a rarity for sure! ) So instead of my lesson of the day being about expecting things to happen- it was one of how God's provision is much more than what we ever think it will be. He always gives above and beyond what we can even imagine. Amazing!
So tomorrow, I'm expecting 4 spots to be open. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment