So its 2011 and I'm back! You may remember from this post last year, I don't really do resolutions, but instead I pick a theme for my year and try to incorporate it into many things. Last year, it was 'reconnect' and that worked well for me! So this year, I thought I'd try out the theme of 'intentionality'.
So what does that mean? It means I'm putting effort AND thought into everything I do. It means I'm approaching my life with stewardship at the forefront. Not just stewardship of finances: stewardship of relationships, and time, and resources, and emotions, and possessions. It means I'm reclaiming time that I fritter away. It means that I'm taking a look at what God intended for me and my life and more importantly what he intended for our relationship to be with Him.
So what does this look like in my life?
1) I am going to challenge myself to not buy anything that I don't need for three months. I have plenty. I should enjoy what I have, and if I am not using it, give it to someone who can enjoy it and use it.
2) I am limiting my TV time to 2 hours each night. (OK to some of you, that seems like a LOT! But consider my usual habit was to turn the TV on whenever I was home. Sometimes that could be 6-8 hours a day the TV was on! ) Weekends when I am at home all day is the opposite- I have to commit to at least 2 hours without the TV on.
3) Back to the workout circuit. I have good intentions of working out TWICE a day- but so far, I decided its better to get back into ONCE a day since I didn't do much of anything the entire month of December. :)
4) Spending more time in The Word-- but not just reading it, trying to actually DO what it says!
5) Cleaning. OK- I'm not intending to be one of those OCD people that has to have everything clean all the time... I just want to be a better steward of things and not end up throwing things away because the dust has piled up on it and I have no idea why I even still have it in my house. :)
6) Meal Planning- mostly this is to help with making the right purchases and not having excessive food go to waste as well as hoping to eat well and do so with God's intent in mind.
7) Motive Checks- I've realized I've invested a lot in a lot of people for many of the wrong reasons. I want to look at my actions and make sure they are done out of the right motive and with the intended outcome in mind.
8) Going along with that- relationships may change because of my motives.
I'm sure that this will play out in many surprising ways- God does have a way of giving you what you ask for, but in such a different way than what you expect. :) So who knows what it will look like in the end. ( I mean - In January 2010, I certainly did not think that my dad would pass away and God would use that situation to help me reconnect with many of the people on my list, but SURPRISE! :) ) But I figure if I commit my idea to the Lord and seek out the ways He would have this play out, He will give and will give abundantly.
I hope you'll join me in my quest and keep me encouraged along the way! Here's to a great 2011!

No comments:
Post a Comment