bkg

3.21.2012

AAAAAHHHH...40!!!

2 weeks. 2 weeks. I'll be 40 in 2 weeks. I certainly do not feel like I've lived that many years. (Nor do I look like it ;-) ) but its true.

So instead of letting it get to me, I've decided to celebrate with my favorite things! So how am I celebrating? Many ways...

1) Traditional fun crafty event- paint your own pottery at All Fired Up! This wasn't my original idea for the crafty element... but its easier and more inclusive. I want everyone to enjoy the celebration and other options were very limited on space.. so pottery it is! This will be on Monday April 9th... at 6 pm...so feel free to join me!

2) The Mission Trip- I have decided I will be going on a mission trip to Honduras in December. The church I am going with wants a commitment in April- so while the trip is still a bit away... the commitment comes alongside my birthday.. so why not incorporate it! I've decided to give people the option to pledge financial or prayer support in lieu of birthday gifts.

3)Fitness Ambassador- Miracles (my gym) is running a contest to become a fitness ambassador. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DATHsGfeMXo And I want to win! It runs for 6 weeks and I earn points for various behaviors. ONe of which is bringing in guests to work out with me! So let me know if you want to join me! There are points for doing testimonials too.. so I think I am going to do 40 days of 40 and blog and video my progress.

4) That one special thing...yeah.. its still in the works. and still top secret. And its going to seem like no big deal when y'all finally find out. But its exciting for me. (No.. not a tattoo... :) ) So hang in there. :)

If you would like to see more about options 1-3.. visit http://tinyurl.com/mindy40


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is way better than how I celebrated my 40th Birthday.... I went out and tore my ACL and got to have surgery a month later. Getting old sucks somtimes becuse you don't heal near as fast as you did when you were say 20 and tore up the other one! But hey on the bright side of things some financial rearrangment adn I now have a 1931 Ford Model A that I have been wanting for years!