So I had trouble deciding if I should post this to the old blog or leave it as an entry in the new. The old blog was all about my Freaky Tooth, and this one is just about everyday, ordinary happenings. But my two worlds have now collided and I have more tooth blogging to add. So I decided why not let this blog revel in the infamity of the freaky tooth too!!!
I took today off work. I used today to catch up on some things I wanted to do and to take my dear Veronika and Natalia back to the airport. I had decided that I wanted to do something nice for Dr. Mazur and his staff for being so supportive and helpful during the past 1.5 years of the freaky tooth happenings. So I got a giant decorated cookie and card and took it over there to the office today as a thank you for everyone there! I know.... who in the world would A) go to the dentist office if they didn't have to, and B) get's their dentist a present? That would be me. They are great people. And things have been working out well with the tooth... so why not.
On the same token, it occurred to me that I would be driving right by Dr. Gomes' office in Indy when I took V and N to the airport today. He had mentioned that he'd like to see the final product, so I should stop by sometime when I was going to be down that way. So I called this afternoon to see if he was in and if 4;30 would be a good time to stop by.
It wasn't until I got there, that I realized this might not be as fun of a visit as my stopover at Dr. Mazur's office was earlier in the day. This was an appointment. I am happy to say that they have painted over the wall paper in the waiting room and its much brighter and more lovely now! That's about all that was happy. :)
Tiana came and got me. She opened up the craftsman toolbox (well, that's a bit of an exaggeration- she opened the package of sterile tools) and waited for Dr. Gomes. And then he came. And I don't remember if this was the first or second thing out of his mouth, but it went something like "so we should have just left the other one in there. " No.. look.. it's lovely, i love it, its working well! No we should NOT have just left the other one in there. Anyway.. he looks around, feels it, is rather impressed actually... (not sure if that was impressed with his work or how it looked). Says that he's sure that Mazur will not refer too many people to him. I'm trying to be happy here- it's great, good job, its working... And he's all about the battle. So anyway... we say our final cordiality, I ask if I have to see him again, he says yes, but not sure when and no appointment scheduled. And leaves me with he will call Mazur tomorrow and see if he can take care of the followup care on the implant and make sure it does well. No cookie for him.
So I'm not sure if the Freaky tooth Saga is over yet or not. It might be like a rash that keeps coming back at unexpected times. But I'll keep you posted. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment