
Happy Holidays! Many of you are finding your way to my blog for the first time! Welcome!Instead of sending along a letter with my Christmas cards this year, I decided to blog the letter and invite you all to view my blog! Thought that might be easier that way! And then, I decided instead of making you read through all the blog postings, I'd go ahead and provide a summary!
So to recap my 2007- here we go....
There was one major accomplishment of the year. The Freaky Tooth saga is over! (Well, sort of!) But, the year and a half drama finished up in July with the finalization of the implant. It really did consume much of my year and I am glad to have it (mostly) behind me. (see blog posting from a few days ago...)
As always, travel was a highlight of the year too! Some for work, some for fun! Besides the general travel all over the countryside of Indiana, there were many more trips out of state too. March was a busy travel month...It started with a conference presentation in Cincinnati, followed by vacation to Houston, and capped off with a conference in St. Louis. May took me to Boulder for another conference for work, while August was ushered in with a trip to Nashville for a conference for church. And if that wasn't enough, October was another conference presentation in Orlando! This year promises to be just as on the go- trips to Portland, OR, New Hampshire, and Boston are already in the works- and that's just taking me through March! I really do enjoy traveling, and even the bumpiest flight proves to be quite the adventure, and at least a conversation piece among your neighbors on the flight.
This year has also gotten me started on the last of my official 'hoop jumping' expeditions. With any luck (ok, it might take a lot of luck) I will be an officially licensed school administrator by this summer! I have started an internship this fall at a local middle school. Thankfully, my supervisors at Purdue have been very gracious and have allowed me to have an altered schedule so that I can spend 2 afternoons a week out at the school. So I go out there and get to play assistant principal, and I LOVE it. It just seems so right and like something I was meant to do. Oh, there are plenty of things that I don't have a clue how to deal with, but part of what I love is the problem solving aspect of it all. So the question that usually follows is "so does that mean you are going to leave your job and go be a principal right away?" And my answer at this point is "maybe." :) It used to be, "no, this is my fall back plan", but I am really enjoying the internship. So... it might be. Plus, I think I'm ready for an adventure in my life... so who knows where this will take me. I think I will at least perform a search and see what's out there...but I'm content to stay where I am if that's the best option too.
As for other happenings... I am still very involved with church and our campus ministry. In February,tThe pastor at our church decided to move on to a new position after 20 years at our church- and I got to be on the search committee to look for his replacement. I actually enjoyed it! And that was a good thing...because in June, our campus minister also decided to move on to a new position, and, I also get to be on that search committee! We decided to have a year of transition instead of rushing to fill that position before the school year began. So, as part of the campus committee, I am also helping with the transition year. And that pretty much takes up any free time I have. :)
So, that's the year in review... I welcome comments from anyone who might help me remember anything exciting or noteworthy that I might have forgotten...it's been a year afterall! :)
I hope you all have a great 2008 and check back on the blog on occasion!

No comments:
Post a Comment