bkg

12.04.2007

What My Internship Has Done to Me- Fashion Edition

Ok... so I decided when I started my internship that I needed to make sure I looked professional and respectable. And there are quite a few things that hang in my closet and don't get regular wear, because of the active role of my current job (ie- toting around computers and taking them apart and putting them back together in a dress just isn't going to happen). So, on the days I do my internship, I have stepped it up a bit. Nothing too outlandish... and not too much that's new...but I begin to wonder what I must have looked like every other day of the past 5 years when I get comments like this:

1) is that new? I don't think I've ever seen you wear it before. And my typical response, nope, it's just been hanging in the closet for a while. :)

well today, I've reached a new height. I was having a meeting with a few outreach colleagues and my outreach boss complimented me on my outfit. First of all, he's a man. Secondly, he even went as far as to suggest they use me as a model for the new outreach coordinator dress code. :) And then one of the other outreach colleagues came in and complimented me on my ensemble too. Said I looked very administrative. :)

So, what am I wearing? Khaki pants, black boots, a purple long sleeved t-shirt, with an off white sweater vest over it, with a black jacket with purple and off white pin striping. And a kickin necklace. I've decided it must be about the layers! 3 piece suits make men more dressed up... so i guess the layers do it. Good thing it was time to do laundry at my house- otherwise this ensemble would have never been put together. :) Its amazing how creative we get when all our normal clothes are dirty. :)

And, i've just dropped my sandwich all down the front of me. How good do i look now?

No comments: