So... I was trying to decide if I should do multiple postings to cover the topics from the weekend, or if I should just include them in one with subtitles. So... for now, I've decided the subtitles. We will see how this goes...
Friday Evening
So, Friday night, I joined my friend Jean and a bunch of her friends to go see Rob Bell. If you don't know who Rob Bell is, he's the Nooma guy. If you don't know what Nooma is, go to http://www.nooma.com/ And so I don't know what to call what we saw- It wasn't a concert, and it wasn't a show, it was more than a talk, and so the only thing I can call it is Nooma on crack! It was awesome! So imagine if you will, he walks on stage and starts talking. No intro, no nothing. And it's typical Nooma style. (the sun is up, the moon is up, the stars are up, the weather is from up, so when we die, we must...go..... down. ) And, he talks for almost 2 hours. No drink, no break, no nothing. Well, except a small break where he cracked himself up and lost train of thought. But it was 2 hours that flew by! It was so engaging! Bottom line was 'you don't have to live this way.' Loved it!
Saturday Morning
so.. one of my responsibilities at my internship was to help with the speech team. That has been going well. We had the honor of hosting the county speech meet this weekend. It was a bit hard to host since we didn't know what we were doing. And these coaches are cutthroat! One slip and you'll hear about for years! My official job for the meet was to be the official 'fire putter outer." So any problems that arise, they were mine to deal with! Awesome! I figured that we could always just use the 'I didn't know, I'm just the intern" line if needed. The good news is that I had some experience as the fire putter outer earlier that morning. As I was drying my hair, my hairdryer started shooting sparks and then made a horrible grinding noise. Luckily nothing caught fire, I unplugged it, and was in search of a way to finish drying my hair! I remembered I had a small travel dryer and quickly went on a search for it in my house! Found it and while my hair was far from perfect, it was dry and I was good to go!
Saturday Afternoon
Saturday afternoon also marked the return of winter weather. Uggh. Yeah, it's been cold a couple days already, and we did see some snowflakes on Thanksgiving day, but what really makes it winter is weather that's not tolerable in any sense. Saturday brought about the return of ICE and wind. And when the wind is blowing the ice in your face, it's never a good combo. The unfortunate part is that while we do get to enjoy the seasons, you have to get reacclimated to driving in the winter weather. And it turned out tragic for the Purdue community as one of the Purdue Hockey team members was killed in a van rollover as they were on their way to a game.
Saturday Evening
Amazingly enough, I still had enough energy to pull out the christmas decorations and get the tree up. I'm all tweety and snowmen now!
And then today, I went to the dentist. It deserves it's own blog posting.

No comments:
Post a Comment