bkg

9.24.2007

Do you know what tonight is???


Ok- so yes, I know, I'm a little bit behind on blogging. I will try to give you a succinct update as much as possible- but first, do you know what tonight is???? The return of my two television indulgences: HEROES and Dancing With the Stars!!!!!! I have to say, I will be routing for Marie Osmond, but also want to see Helio Castroneves do well! I am sad that there are no boy band idols or 80's male TV stars to cheer on this round though. The only tragedy is that both shows overlap for 30 minutes. What's a girl to do??????? No Tivo either. Guess it's back to the ole VHS taping and watch later!
Ok- here are the updates:
Internship: Days 3 and 4- Well, I have continued my project with "Teddy". We cleaned out his locker one of those days. That was quite the experience. And I shouldn't have been suprised when he exclaimed (more than once) "oh, that's where that assignment went! I had to totally re-do it because I couldn't find it! "
I also got to cover an 8th grade english class one of those days. It was last period, and an interesting set of kids. I was looking forward to the opportunity to get to know some of the kids, but its not a good thing if you know their names by the end of the hour because you have to keep correcting their behavior!! :-)
But the fun thing was the extra-curricular activities. They are currently without a speech coach, so the principal has said she will do it until they find someone. So I got to tag along! I was on the speech team in high school, but it's been 18 years since I did anything competively with that! So coaching it is a totally foreign concept to me. :) We did an example of a Duo so the kids could get an idea of what to do. It was lovely. :) But, I did cut out of speech team practice early to go hang with the Spellbowl team. MY FAVORITE!!!!! They know of the MC Marquette legendary seasons of championship, so they think I am some spelling goddess. Which I am not. But, I did give them a few tips that helped my team! I hope they do well this year! I'd love to tag along with them!
Fall Retreat- We had the CSC fall retreat this weekend. We were just a short 30 minutes away at Camp Tecumseh in Brookston, but boy did it seem like another world! There were sooo many things to do during free time! And we had a great speaker too! I think it really re-focused our students and was a great time of bonding! And I got to shoot guns and arrows. ;-) It doesn't get much better than that, does it?
Medical Updates- So- if you don't know, I have been taking iron pills because I was diagnosed with being anemic last spring. The doctor wanted to do a 6 month check up on the blood work along with my normal annual physical. The good news is that the blood work is looking better! Woo hoo! The hemogloblin levels are all within an acceptable range, and the rest of the panel and the lipid panel do not cause any concerns either. The doctor did order a set of blood tests that are screening tools for heart disease. We did have those tested 4 years ago, and they were fine then, but we just want to keep up on that with my family history of heart disease. So I should get the results of those by the end of the week!
On top of that, I am going to have a tumor removed on Wed the 3rd of October. I think they call it a labotomy? ;-) Just kidding! I have a lipoma on my right shoulder blade. Without giving too much detail, I can tell you that it doesn't play nice with my wardrobe, so we are going to get rid of it. Y'all know I don't have a good history of doing things the easy way- especially with medical issues. ;-) Supposedly this is just done in the doctor's office, I can drive myself home, go back to work even. I tried hard not to laugh at the nurse when she told me that. I mean, I hope that's the case. ;-) I just won't be surprised if they start to pull out the tumor and a lung is attached to it or something. Is it wrong to want to SEE the tumor when they take it out???
Well.. that's the update.. I will try to be more frequent about it... I am chaperoning a Middle School Dance on Friday afternoon- oh, those were the days. I am sure I will have tons of stories from that if nothing else!!!! Stayed Tuned!

No comments: