bkg

9.25.2007

From the files of my mom's kitchen

Ok- so the big blog news of the day was going to be that I got my hair chopped last night! 4-6 inches gone everywhere! And it's adorable! But... my mom just emailed me with a much better story that I thought I'd share with you all...

From my mom....
Today, I walked out of the bathroom after taking my shower to find a snake slithering across the kitchen floor. That woke me up and I yelled at your dad. He came to the rescue and hit it with his shoe. (It seemed like it looked about 15 feet long.) probably more realistically it was about 15 to 18 inches long.
Your dad was sure he had killed it until it started to wiggle around in the dustpan. So he took it outside and cut it's head off with a shovel and put it in the garbage can. He thought it was a baby rattlesnake, but the picture on the internet looks more like a garter snake.


So, I've never considered what I would do if I had a snake in MY kitchen. I have considered rodents- and those of you that know me well know how much I LOVE rodents (and dead ones for that matter). I suggested to my mom that perhaps she should have let it be so it could kill rodents. I think I might have actually done that! ;-) It's much better than putting out a corn flake for the mice each night so they have a food source and do not move any further into your house. Crazy, but true story. :)

What would y'all do with a snake in your house?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would probably have to move. :-)The only living creatures I want in my house are the ones that I invite in and a snake would MOST definitely not be invited in my house.