bkg

2.15.2008

Not Good, Not Bad

So... I had this dream last night. I dreamt I got my test scores back. Yesterday, I had been reading online about the score reports and what to expect when I got them. (that's for real, not in the dream.) And the information said that it would indicate PASSED or NOT PASSED on the report based on the requirements for your location, etc. So in my dream last night, I got the scores, and all mine said was NOT GOOD, NOT BAD. So I started to freakout because, certainly that meant I did not pass. In my dream, I was then comiserating with Tom Cavanaugh, because his report said the same thing. (Yes, Tom Cavanaugh is the former star of "Ed", JD's older brother on "Scrubs", and was the dad on a TV show that was on my TV while I was falling asleep last night. :-) ) But, he made me realize the reason it said NOT GOOD, NOT BAD, was because I passed some parts but not others. So with that note... I woke up.

So, I went through the day all day today feeling as if I didn't pass. I don't know if it was a survival mechanism to prepare myself for the worst or what... but I was ready for the news whatever it was.

Well, the good news is, I didn't have time to think about it today because I was soooo busy. So when I got home at 9:45 tonight and went to my mailbox, I had almost forgotten about the elation I had approached my mailbox with the past few days, hoping and pleading with God that the scores be in there that very day. So what do you know.... there they were.

And the good news is that I passed! Woo hoo! Part of me really couldn't believe it. Seriously. But more unbelievable was the score. I had thought I'd barely pass. Passing score was 165. I have a 181. So that was more than barely passing. (OK- I realize that I have no idea how they actually formulate those scores- so the difference of a 181 and 165 could be one question- but still that seems huge on a 200 max scale. )

Now the funny thing is, the NOT GOOD, NOT BAD part does hold true though. They give you your raw scores on each of the 4 sections. And I was at the top of the charts on the second set of vignettes and also on the synthesis of information and problem solving sections! (go figure.. its amazing how these tests confirm your natural strengths- I'm all about problem solving! ) Not to bad... But.. contrast that with the Analysis of information and decision making section, and i was at the bottom of the average range for that score. Not so good. But all in all... overall I passed... and that's all that matters.

One more hoop down!

No comments: