Guess What! I got an award today! The College of Science gave out awards today and I got one of them. I got a Professional Achievement Award. I received an invitation in the mail a few weeks ago to a luncheon, telling me about this, but there was only one problem. I had no idea what "professional acheivement" I had attained. Seriously. I just do my job. And I try to do it well. But I didn't think of anything extraordinary I had done that would warrant an award from the College! So I told my secretary to listen carefully in case I got too nervous while I was up there.
It turns out, obtaining an advanced degree is something to be noted in the Department of Computer Science. I received my award because I got a Masters Degree in School Administration and it is helping me in my job and helps us with our Outreach Program! Woo hoo! Go Higher Ed! :)
But the best news of all... there's a cash award that comes with it! I have no idea how much it is- it will be added to our paychecks the next round... how exciting!
Here's the link to the announcement on the college website- they were taking pictures left and right, so I'll post those if they become available! (ps- looks like there's an error and it says personal achievement, rather than professional- but even if you read the paragraph above it, and all the awards paraphernalia I have says professional too! )
http://www.science.purdue.edu/enewsletter/February2008/Fac_Staff_Awards_Web.html
So congratulate me for doing my job, and busting my behind getting a Masters while working full time! :-) I guess education does pay off in the end....

No comments:
Post a Comment