bkg

9.15.2008

"Aren't You Glad You Didn't Take That Job in Houston? "

So... I think most of my faithful blog readers know that I had a job offer in Houston this summer- and I turned it down. For those of you who this may be news to- basically it was an assistant principal job at a high school- and the building was in shambles and the people weren't helpful, so I decided it wasn't the right place to be.

So, with arrival of hurricane IKE, the repeated question I am getting is some form of "aren't you glad you didn't take that job in Houston afterall?"

And my answer might surprise some of you. Its been kind of a mixed bag on how I feel about that. Now, don't get me wrong- I don't get my thrills from being pounded by torrential rains and 120 mph winds. That's not it. While I am grateful that God has been gracious in not giving me more than I can bear, there are still plenty of people I care about in Houston, and I would like to be there to support them through this... so.. kind of mixed. I'm not riding high on 'making a good decision' or 'getting lucky' for not being there to experience this- but am thankful that I am safe, as are most of my friends. :)

No comments: