bkg

3.07.2009

choo choo chew chew

So I started to type about this trip when waiting in memphis on wed- and I was going to tell you about the conversations all the other conferees were having and how geeky they were and how I didn't get stopped through security or anything and then one of my friends showed up and was on my flight so I abandoned blogging on the blackberry and chatted with her. And all that is boring now. :)

The conference was great- except I felt very political at times. I've been nominated for a position on a national cs teachers org- not sure who my competition is - but I felt like I had to play 'the game'- and I don't suck up very well. :)nonetheless- had a good time and good sessions. I had a rough night of sleep the first night here though. Tossed and turned and had this horrible dream that my dental implant and other crowns all fell off and I didn't know what to do because I was in chatt. So, I decided I had that dream because when packing, I was trying to decide if I should take my checkbook.I decided the only thing of value in there was my dentist's cell phone number - and had the proverbial "what could go wrong that he'd be able to do with me out of town" and left it behind.

Well- only in my world would you have that dream and be sitting in the Atlanta airport chewing and feel a crunch. One of my crowns just came off. No joke.And I thought the oddest part of the trip was going to be us having to wait to get to the gate because there was an abandoned airport minivan sitting in the middle of our gate pull in.

And now our flight is delayed. :)

Get me out of here! :)

No comments: