bkg

3.19.2009

Oh Nostalgia!

So last night I was on my way to bible study at church and I pulled up behind a car at a stoplight. I noticed the new car dealer plates on the car and then noted it had the Mike Raisor Ford vanity plate around it. So then I started taking a really good look at it- why? Because it was a white Ford Escape! So I studied it closer... and felt my heart leap a bit when I realized it was indeed my former car! How did I know this? Because when I got it, they gave me some special car wash and wax kit and I tried to use it one time. It warned that if you got it on parts that were not painted, it might stain or bleach them. Well..sure enough... on the back end where you open the hatch.. there has always been a white bleached stripe (probably not really noticiable to anyone except myself- you just think its dust) from the one time I tried it out. :) So I tried to get a closer look at the driver to make sure he was going to be a good owner and provide a good home for my dearly beloved. But to little avail.. too much traffic. :) But it was nice to see him have a home and not just lost in a sea of used cars...and I remember thinking "you're a good car" (followed by " charlie brown." A classic take on "you're a good man charlie brown") And then that's when I came up with an option for a name for my new car... CHARLIE! That's somewhat gender neutral... my other option I had been throwing around was BETSY. (mostly based on thoughts like "i bet she will get better gas mileage, I bet she will hold up better in the long run" , etc. )

So America.. its time to weigh in..cast your votes... what should it be.. Charlie or Betsy...it can be a write in vote too...(speaking of which.. have you heard about the NASA poll to name part of the Space Station.. and they are allowing for write in votes.. so Stephen Colbert is lobbying for "Colbert" and is winning by 1.5 million votes? :) You can vote on that one until tomorrow... ) help me personalize my car... Please!

5 comments:

Amy O said...

My Vote is Charlie

pednurse said...

Well, my Dad's name is Charlie, and we once had a huge old tank of a car nicknamed Betsy.....lol

Gloria said...

How about Mabel.

Gloria said...

Lark come up with Peaches.

Unknown said...

hmm... I think I'm gonna have to meet this car in person to decide on a proper name. I can't go at this blind.