So there I was this morning, face planted into my favorite pillow, snuggled in my bed, dreaming about taking a bike ride to visit my uncle who had employed Scott Hamilton (the olympic skater) to help him clean up his fields (all of this was a nice dream on so many different levels) - I had woken up enough to realize that I still had a glorious 15 minutes left before my alarm was to go off... and then it happened. My electricity went out.
AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!
So I layed there a bit longer waiting to see if it was a passing fluke. But it wasn't. So I got up and called the power company. TWO HOURS before it would be fixed.
This is problematic. I have a meeting at work this morning within those 2 hours. I'm a morning showerer. And I'm a daily showerer. I don't do 'recycled' hair as my hairdresser puts it- it must be washed everyday otherwise I look like I belong in a 50's biker gang. Yes, I could have showered, but the issue is the hair.. my hair doesn't do well with a wash n' go look either. It looks like a birds nest if do that!
I considered packing my bag and coming to our building to shower. (yes, we do have a shower in our building.. creepy on so many levels...) Instead, I went ahead and did the best I could with a headband and bottle of hairspray.
And then while putting on my makeup- my eyelash curler broke. (WHY ME??? )
After finishing the makeup I remembered I'd have to eat breakfast on the go. Because I'm traveling this week, I decided I'd just try to eat what I had on hand for the first couple days of the week- which meant it was going to be frozen waffles for breakfast this week. Frozen waffles... no electricity.. not a good combo. *Sigh* So I decided I could just come in to the office and get food at our bistro here.
So I go to leave, and realize, no power = no garage door opener. So I have to manually open it, manually lock it, and then run back through my house to get back to my car.
I got to work, and I can't find my work keys. But I get into my office and head for the bistro. There are donuts staring me in the face (filled donuts at that!) but I opt for the breakfast wrap. With bacon. And sure enough, bacon makes everything better. :-)

1 comment:
AMEN!
Post a Comment