1) I went home and took my dad to lunch for father's day last weekend. A guy I had a crush on in High school was also eating there with his family. Oh to feel 16 again. :) And all the awkward feelings that came with it. :)
2) see previous postings from this week... the great Identification scandal. :)
3) I just got done with 3 days of meetings for my newly elected Computer Science Teacher's Association Board of Directors semi-annual meetings. When I found out I won, I was already feeling out of my league and amazed that I beat my opponent. Little did I know, my opponent was a board member in a different category, the nomination committee switched her application so they could put her up to run against me in my category for this election, and the outgoing board members were at this meeting so everyone could say their goodbyes and they could honor them for the work they did. And everyone likes her. She's no longer on the board, I beat her in the election, much to the surprise of the nominating committee who switched her to my category, and nobody seems to be happy that she's leaving!!!! How's that for feeling welcomed to a board? Oh well, I won. :)
4) two of the people currently on the said board of directors are coming to Purdue this fall- one as a professor, the other as his grad student... this could either be really good or really bad. :) Time to step up my game I guess. :)
5)- im sure there will be more to post tomorrow when i try to go home :) if you've read previous postings from years gone by, you know an airport visit is never normal for me. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment