So tonight I decided to be a total tourist! It started by having dinner in
the hotel restaurant and ordering the Maryland blue crab bake. Additionally I
had this great $11 drink called a caipirinah. Pineapple, mint, and lime!
Delicious and totally worth every dime! Its brazilian apparently.
So now, after a hotel dinner, I am taking a bus tour of the town. I'm typing
this while on the bus. So far we've gone around the blok and picked up people
at the hotels.
Now we are driving by all these lovely buildings and our tour guide has yet
to tell us what a single one is!
We just drove by the wash monument and she did t say a thing! :) what the
heck kind of tour is this?
Oh- we are at Another hotel!!! And holy crap there's a buttload of people
getting on here! So much for my single seat! :(
Ok here we go! We are bus #19. :) the girl who sat with me is nice and from
hawaii! Yay!
Perfect- its raining.
The capitol building- there's a huge stage in front of it for the 4th and the
reflecting pool is drained. Awesome.
Ooh here we go! The white house! I think I just saw Obama! Out for a Sunday
evening walk I'm sure!
Ok- for real michelle and the dog were outside! Cool!
Next stop WWII memorial, very cool, pretty
fountains!
FDR memorial- nice outdoor space! And its getting humid- ewww!
Ahh the jefferson memorial! With 9 busses of high school kids! Woo hoo!
The grand finale- lincoln, vietnam and korean memorials! Pretty cool by
twilight
Pics to come when I get home!
Ok there's this adorable kid on our bus who is using a very brooklyn accent!
Totally awesome!
Ooh- and the encore was iwo jima! And honestly, it was the coolest of all!
But- the lighting system was out, so all the pics are dark!
My seatmate was a great companion- she works for the state dept in Hawaii!
How cool is that? But now she's gone- they split our busses to get everyone
back in a timely fashion!
All in all- a great trip and a great way to see DC! Tomorrow- american
history museum here I come!

No comments:
Post a Comment