bkg

6.23.2009

charlie hustle?

so one thing i've never been accused of is moving with any sort of speed. I know I'm slow and always have been. And I'm ok with that. :)

but imagine my surprise at our softball game a week ago when one of the other team's players was trying to compliment me by saying 'nice hustle' referring to my approach to 1st base. He actually had to say it 3 times before I realized he was talking to me. :-) When I finally realized it, I admitted to him that was something I had never ever heard before in my entire life. :)

So imagine my increased level of surprise when someone said it again this past weekend! Who are you talking to? There's no hustle in this bustle! :) It's just not genetically and physically possible. Watching me run is like watching a 5 year old try to push down a brick wall...

so when people say 'nice hustle' is that the athletic equivalent of 'bless your heart'? Meaning, oh honey youre trying, but it aint never gonna get any better? :)

So I guess I'll keep giving it my best, and digging deep, and try not to get out, and you can just call me Charlie Hustle. :)


On other notes...

this Friday I head to DC for the first time in my life. Should be pretty exciting. It is a work trip though, and pretty busy days. I hope i get a chance to look around a bit though.. so wish me luck! And, i think I'll skip taking the Metro...

No comments: