Ok- no I don't mean Hillary, Barrack, Mitt, Fred or any of those kids... I'm talking about an election a little closer to home- the West Lafayette City Council District 4 race! This is the race where my graduate advisor professor (McInerney) was running for City Council. The elections were held on Tuesday...and are you ready for this- he lost by 8 (yes, less than 10, 8) votes! For now. There are still provisional ballots to be counted.. 125 of them... so this article appeared in the local paper today-
http://www.jconline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071108/ELECTION01/711080342
And while it seems to be a fairly innocuous article- there's one line that had me rolling on the floor laughing and in stitches- it's the 3rd line from the bottom where it so simply states- Bill McInerney was not available for comment. I could have told them that! I've been trying to find the guy for months!!!! And he's definitely not available for comment on his race or any other thing!
Some day I'll find him. Do you think we could make a TV pilot out of this? The elusive professor? Some day.

No comments:
Post a Comment