So there are a lot of random thoughts for today- I'll try to subhead them so its easier to follow...
The New Blog Title
ok.. so i finally picked SOMETHING for my blog name. Not sure it will stay that way- but I had this day where everything else was M's so I thought I'd stick with alliteration. :)
Election day
Ok- so today is election day around here... it's not a duty, it's not a right, it's a responsibility. So I went to vote. Tippecanoe County is trying something new this year- its called a vote center. So no longer are you assigned to a specific place to vote, you can go to any of them and vote. Yay... that sounded like fun to me! Such a better idea since I used to pass 3 polling places to get to my assigned polling place! So I went to uphold my responsibility and vote, only to be denied. WHAT? I can't vote? I always vote- since I was 18 and one month- i've always voted- twice a year! Well - turns out since I live outside of city limits, there was no one to vote FOR. Thousands of others get to vote my professor onto the city council so he has one more thing on his plate and can really not pay attention to any of us and tell us how to do an internship, but I can't vote. I almost went and bought a house in West Lafayette just so I could vote.
De-lic-ious!!
Ok- so I have found my new favorite indulgence. There is this lovely little chocolate shoppe downtown in Lafayette called Kathie's Kandies. It's this sweet old lady that makes chocolate and other yummies in this kitchen all day. And boy are they good! But my most favorite thing in the entire world has got to be cinnamon caramels. I love them! It's a marriage of two unsuspecting things- chewy creamy caramel with the spicy hot kick of cinnamon. It's wonderful! I must learn how to make them! :)
ok- thats all for now.. there's lot of random in my head, but right now i need to write a paper about how unsupporting parents are in education today. wish me luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment