Today I've been having visions. They started at the eye doctor. :)
I had my annual check up at the optometrist today. I had been having some vision problems for the past month or so- especially when i wore my contacts. So I've been considering all options of what it could be- brain tumor, tired, just a change in prescription. Well, it turns out, it was just a change in prescription. But instead of the usual effects of aging, it turns out my eyes are getting better. HUH? Yeah... my prescription changed for the better. The contacts i've been wearing were too strong, thus causing blurry vision. No way to explain it..but its true.
My second vision came during a workshop being sponsored by our department. Our assistant department head has read a book called- Getting Things Done. It turns out that the HR dept at Purdue will conduct workshops to go along with this book. So when the dept head offered it to us, I didn't really feel like i had a choice about attending. (ok- now some of you who have heard my work stories before are probably either laughing your head off because it's par for the micromanagement course or have already mumbled under your breath ' you have got to be kidding me' :) ) BUT anyway- it's 4 tuesday's in a row at lunch time. The guy who runs the workshop would probably have to be run through a carbon dating to see just how old he really is- but i love him! The workshop is all about getting organized and how to have stress free productivity. (if anyone is interested, I can loan you the book- the only problem is that you have to find the time to read the book to find out how to find time to read the book. ;-) ) We have affectionately begun calling the workshop the Git R Done workshop. But while sitting in the workshop today- my life flashed forward 50 years and I thought, that's gonna be me- I'm gonna be doing these workshops when I'm 80. How fun would that be!
Another vision came during the internship today. Today was the day that was tentatively set aside for McInerney to come visit the school and meet with myself, the other intern, and the principal. When I last left him, he had said he was going to email the principal and other intern and set up a time for him to come out to visit them in the morning, and then he'd come out in the afternoon to meet with me. Well- of course he has yet to email either of the other 2 and I emailed yesterday to confirm his visit and had not heard back from him. Surprise. But that's exactly what it was when I went out to bus duty and who did I see walking in, but the man himself! I thought I was seeing things. Of course, the principal had not heard from him at all... so she had other plans and couldn't really give him the time he needed. (good for her! ) but I did get to touch base with him before he goes in for surgery this coming Monday!
When I got home there was a phone message from a boy, asking me to go to a Purdue Basketball game. Does that count as a date? I didn't go... and if you knew who the guy was, you wouldn't ever consider it a date...but a girl can dream can't she? :)
Hope you all have a happy thanksgiving!

No comments:
Post a Comment